things to do in 2012
Updated in August 2012 and in December 2012
I was hesitant about making a New Year’s Resolution with such a long to-do list, because each and every goal needed lots of time and effort, and 101 things meant that each ‘thing’ required to be done roughly in 4 days (considering some overlap). Reading a book carefully could take that much time, and things I wanted to do are more than that. I also have many things from last year I haven’t finished.
Also, many of the goals I’ve set in the beginning of the year become unrealistic and they become pointless. Also, having so many goals without careful thought result into having their intentions clash and the focus deteriorated. lol!
So how shall I sort this matter out?
I’ve decided, I will aim have 101 things on my list anyway, because it is fun to have many dreams, but not pay too much about the number 101 and focus more on the things I want to do regardless of numbers.
I will get rid of what I ‘ought’ to do but focus on what I ‘really want’ to do this year. 101 things should be 101 exciting things, not 101 chores! But then, some really important things need to be addressed in the list regardless of how excited I am about doing them.
Things I feel I ‘ought’ to do (but not so keen on doing) are:
a. do regular exercise
b. meet more people
c. keep in touch with friends and useful acquaintances
d. compose regularly
e. volunteer or donate to those in need
f. get a university job as a full-time lecturer
There should be room for adjustments when unexpected things and opportunities occur during the year. In this case, I will cross out a goal that is no longer realistic and replace it with a new one.
Enough of the blahs, here it goes!
THINGS TO DO IN 2012:
composition(5 new works): Exceeded Goal!
4. New work for solo organ – a version of WB 2-2 to be created – not done yet
7. New work for piano quartet (work in progress)
other career boosters/breadwinners:
15. win a composition competition - not done
17. keep posting on hazzystory.com every week (be persistent and do not undermine the value of writing regularly for someone else!) - work halted in Nov. 2012
health and safety:
20. find out why my hip is so twisted - not done
21. do something about it - not done
22. do regular exercise (3 times a week, more than 30 minutes. Walking
23. watch yoga clip once a week - not achieved
24. eat fruit every day - was difficult - getting back into the habit
25. never buy sweet junk – not achieved
for the earth and its inhabitants:
26. buy only vegan cosmetics (eg. LUSH) - fail – resumed habit
27. buy vegan shoes (eg, selection from Toms) - not achieved
28. stay vegan - fail? not so strict anymore - relapsed
29. donate unused stuff asap - not done
webbing and blogging:
30. have your blog updated every other day - not easy, but trying! - jagto.tistory.com is updated almost every day since August
32. write Oze newsletters and keep fans(?) posted. - fail
33. update jeesooshin.com with text explanations of works
38. find a hobby you really like and invest in it - blogging on jagto.tistory.com has become a very enjoyable hobby.
keep your brain fresh:
40. learn a new sport – not new but taken up swimming.
41. try a new recipe at least once a month and post it in your blog – fail
42. keep learning a language (Spanish or Japanese) - Started Italian
43. (try to) teach a language (German) – done a few lessons
45. donate to charity - not done yet